The Walton County School Board continues to be proactive in the prevention of COVID-19.
On Tuesday night, Ms. Holt, from the Florida Department of Health in Walton County, presented the latest information regarding the virus and provided guidance on best school health practices. Superintendent A. Russell Hughes shared that the school district will continue to take precautionary measures including sanitizing schools and buses, ordering additional cleaning supplies, and posting updates for parents on social media.
The district also shared that state and community collaboration is taking place on a daily basis. Just this morning, Superintendent Hughes participated in a statewide conference call that included Florida Governor DeSantis, the Florida Surgeon General, and Florida Department of Education officials.
Communication will continue on a regular basis with the Florida Department of Health in Walton County.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, please call the Florida hotline at 866-779-6121
Important Information Regarding COVID-19
The Walton County School District is staying up-to-date on COVID-19 through consistent communication with the Florida Department of Education and the Walton County Health Department. The health and safety of our students is always our number one priority. As always during the flu season, our schools are working hard to keep all school surfaces and furniture clean and sanitary, but we have extended our efforts in order to be as proactive as possible for our students and employees.
All of us can also help prevent the spread of germs. Reminders can include:
* Wash hands often with soap and water
* Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
* Appropriately cover coughs and sneezes
* Keep hands away from eyes, nose, and mouth
* Stay home if you are sick
The number and websites below provide additional information:
* State Hotline for Florida - 866-779-6121
* Florida Department of Health - floridahealth.gov
* Walton Department of Health - walton.floridahealth.gov
* Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html